New Years Ice Tea!
As the countdown to the new year begins, you may be wondering what to drink to bring in the new year with a bang. But let's be real, the only thing that's going to be "banging" after a night of partying into the new year with champagne is your head. So why not ditch the bubbles and opt for something a little more refreshing, sustainable, and socially responsible? Forest friendly, non-alcoholic ice tea, anyone? We at Monteaco got you covered.
Not only is forest friendly, non-alcoholic ice tea a healthier choice than champagne (no hangovers, woohoo!), it's also much easier on the wallet. Instead of shelling out big bucks for a fancy bottle of champagne, you can make a batch of our Forest Friendly ice tea at home for just a few bucks. Plus, you'll get to feel extra fancy when you serve it in your fanciest glasses, garnished with lemon slices, mint, or some added sliced fresh strawberries. (Don't have fancy glasses? No problem! Just use mason jars and call it "rustic chic.")
And let's not forget about the environmental benefits of our Forest Friendly ice tea. By choosing Forest Friendly tea, you'll be supporting the conservation of forests and the livelihoods of small-scale tea farmers in Northern Thailand. So not only are you saving money, avoiding a hangover, and supporting sustainable agricultural practices, you're also doing your part to save the planet. Talk about a win-win-win-win.
So as the new year approaches, consider raising a glass of Forest Friendly, non-alcoholic ice tea instead of champagne. Your liver (and your wallet, and the planet) will thank you.
Happy new year!
Recipe For Success
What you'll need to make our famous ice tea:
- A shaker. The bigger the better and make sure it's bartender quality. Your shaker from the gym won't cut it for this new years tea.
- Ice, preferably lots of it.
- Forest Friendly loose leaf Tea. Any of our teas work but we recommend our Rainbow Blend for some extra fun!
- Optional toppings and decorations (lemon, mint, fresh fruits)
- Optional honey or sugar for a sweeter drink
1. First things first, you'll need to locate your trusty boiler and heat up some water to roughly 95 degrees.
2. Make a much stronger, more concentrated brew than you normally would, using 10 grams of tea for 250 ml of water.
3. Allow the tea to steep for 3 minutes or however long it takes for you to finish looking at funny dogs on instagram.
4. Fill up the shaker with ice to 2/3 of the way.
5. Once the tea is brewed, pour it over the ice in the shaker, and make sure you don't get too many tea leaves in to the mix. You can use the same tea with more water for the second round of drinks, so don't compost it too quickly.
6. If you're feeling rebellious, add a splash of vodka. We won't judge. And add some sugar or honey to sweeten things up.
7. Now for the fun part, shake! Just don't forget to put the lid on before you go to town. The hot tea will melt all the ice in the shaker and create a perfectly brewed batch of ice tea.
8. Serve the ice tea over ice, garnished with additional lemon slices and mint if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and sustainable Forest Friendly ice tea, and don't forget to share with your friends all night long! Have a great new year!